Welcome to Windsor Park’s French Department.
|In the French Department, pupils have a lesson every week in Year 5 and 6 and two or three lessons in Year 7 and 8.
Our aims are to:
– Develop competence across all 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
– To make language learning fun and enjoyable.
– To develop an understanding of and empathy with other cultures.
– To use a range of resources to achieve these aims including use of the interactive whiteboard, authentic materials, songs, magazines and videos.
– To offer an enrichment experience to Y8s with a 5 day trip to Paris visiting many of its famous monuments as well as a French theme park, and, of course, to experience another culture and apply their French skills.